It is starting to get cold outside. And, quite obviously, in these windy, cool, snow-filled winter months there is nothing like warm drinks.
Warm tea and cocoa seem to be the perfect thing to warm up.
Focusing on that cocoa idea…
It’s a staple for wintery months for sure, and I am sure Swiss Miss enjoys the spike in sales that naturally occurs around November through February as well!
So does Starbucks though. I think I favor Starbucks too.
Let’s face it, their flavors are amazing although their ingredients can be (fill in the blank).
And that is why I want to show you how to save your money, and the excess ingredients, and make your own hot chocolate.
I present to you a Starbucks-like vegan hot chocolate.
I use carob because it is very nutritious and caffeine-free, but you can easily substitute out the carob for cocoa. It works one-to-one.
Here is to your warmth!
STARBUCKS-LIKE VEGAN HOT CHOCOLATE
©Sweet n’ Savory Life
Recipe type: Hot Drink
Serves: 1 cup
- ¼ cup organic original soy milk
- 2 tbsp carob (or cocoa) powder
- 2 tbsp vegan cane sugar
- 1 cup organic original soy milk
- ¼ tsp pure vanilla extract
- Dandies vegan gluten free marshmallows (optional)
- Mix together the ¼ cup of milk, carob, and sugar in a two cup measuring glass and place in a medium sauce pan on medium heat. Stir until this mixture becomes like a syrup.
- Next, add 1 cup of additional soy milk and the vanilla.
- Serve into a mug with vegan marshmallows!
I Think You’d Also Love…