Cookies are so fun to make. And this week was very fun for me in the kitchen.
I want to share with a perfectly peanut butter favorite – Peanut Butter “Chocolate” Chip Cookies.
These are easy and decadent!
Did I ever tell you that I like easy?
And although I always find myself toying with the gluten free vegan “20 step moderate to difficult recipes” often, I always try to find time for simple, straight forward, delicious recipes.
The snickerdoodles, weren’t so easy to pull off (there is a science to them). As I told you, there were failures before victories.
Now mind you, I have already made a peanut butter flourless cookie that is in the recipe index. So for those of you who follow my post, you already know that. That one of course is the more easy one that doesn’t require gluten free flour. So if you want super easy – click here!
With these, I really like the extra texture the gluten free flour provides. And yes, I tested them on a non-gluten free friend and when it was asked what he thought of the cookie, he replied “heavenly”.
Now when this friend says something is good (he is one of those honest guys), it is really good! There is no pat on the back, nice mush mush stuff with him (my husband either really…). He is honest and I love that.
So if they were heavenly to my friend, surely you will love them as well.
This recipe yields 15 to 20 cookies.
PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
©Sweet n’ Savory Life
Recipe type: Dessert
¾ cup BRM rice flour
¼ cup potato starch
¼ cup tapioca starch
½ cup light brown sugar
½ cup cane sugar
½ cup peanut butter, melted
½ cup vegan soy-free butter, melted
1½ tbsp vegan coconut yogurt
½ tsp pure vanilla extract
2 tbsp milled flax
¾ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp guar gum
¼ tsp sea salt
⅓ cup carob chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- In a glass mixing bowl, mix the flour, sugar, flax, baking powder, soda, guar gum, and sea salt.
- In a 2-cup pyrex measuring cup, add peanut butter and vegan butter, and melt in the microwave for about 30-45 seconds. Stir well. Add the vegan yogurt and vanilla. Stir in well.
- Add the 2-cup pyrex measuring cup ingredients to the glass bowl flour mix, and stir well.
- Begin to work into a dough, and add the carob chips last.
- Scoop out tablespoons full of cookie dough, and form balls. Slightly flatten each.
- Place each cookie spaced out about 5 inches or more on a cookie tray lined with parchment paper.
- Place in the oven on the top rack to bake for 10 minutes.
- Rotate, and place on lower rack to bake for another 5 minutes.
- Immediately remove from oven, and allow them to cool for 15 to 20 minutes. You must not skip this step because the cookies have to set.
These should be very moist, and delectable! ~Bella
I Think You’d Also Love…