I’ve had a list of blog topics I’ve wanted to address on my desk for the past few weeks, but despite my best intentions, the days have come and gone in a blur with no posts in sight! And it hasn’t been for lack of motivation. Instead of blogging, I’ve been putting my time, energy and focus into my clients (both corporate and private), the farm, my spokesperson engagements and a flurry of mini-segments that will soon air on Daytime. All this being the said, I’ve been making lots of quick and healthy recipes for dinner, and my Spaghetti Squash with Chicken Sausage is one of them. Hopefully, this recipe will help you out when you’re in a rush, and if you don’t want to use sausage, the recipe is just as delicious without it. Check out my video, and let me know what you think!
Tina’s Spaghetti Squash with Chicken Sausage
Makes 4 side-dish servings or 2 entrée servings
1 spaghetti squash (about 4 pounds), halved
1 lb all-natural chicken sausage, turkey sausage or vegetarian meat sausage
1 large bunch spinach, stems removed
Red pepper, to taste
Pecorino Romano or other grated cheese, to taste
- Place squash half, cut side down, in glass pie plate. Add ½ cup water and microwave
for 10 minutes.
- Remove squash half from plate and set aside. Repeat with other half.
- When the squash has cooled, scoop out the seeds and loose strands and discard.
- Using a fork, “comb” the squash into a large plate or bowl until nothing remains but
the skin. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage until no longer pink. Then, add the spinach and
cook until wilted, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Divide cooked squash among four plates, and then do the same with sausage, spinach
- Pass the cheese and pepper to taste.