When you’re trying to lose or maintain your weight, the holidays can present a huge challenge. Hosting a party? Not to worry. Temptation can be minimized by making the most of superfoods and the “small plate” trend.
Here are 10 festive yet healthy party appetizers that every guest will appreciate:
- Bruschetta: Prepare it with yellow and red tomatoes, basil and good quality olive oil
- Turkey Sliders: Serve with Greek Yogurt in a mini-pita
- Smoked Salmon-Wrapped Asparagus Spears: Serve warm or chilled
- Mini-Pizzas: Top with shiitake mushrooms and thyme
- Shrimp, Oysters, Crab Legs and Lobster Claws: Always fun to crack and eat!
- Heirloom Vegetables with Fresh Herb Dip: Look for Carrots, Beets, Radishes, Squash and Fennel
- Assorted Cheeses, Almonds, Fresh Fruit and Berries
- Grilled Chicken and Peach Kabobs
- Hummus, Falafel and Babaganoush with Pita Chips and Vegetable Crudites
- Red Wine, Champagne or Tina’s Skinny Sangria