Yesterday, during my radio interview with Leslie Gail, listeners were interested in my recipe for healthy fruit popsicles. So, here it is! If you don’t have popsicle molds, they’re not hard to find. You can buy them online at Amazon or find them in stores such as Target.
My recipe takes no time to make, and if you prepare a few batches at a time, you’ll have something quick and portable when the kids have to eat and run!
Makes 6 Popsicles
1 quart Driscoll’s strawberries, washed, hulled and cut in half
¼ cup natural sugar
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 cup full-fat organic strawberry yogurt
- In a saucepan, combine berries, sugar and water. Simmer for 5 – 7 minutes or until soft.
- Pour mixture into a food processor or blender and pulse until mixture is pureed, not liquefied. Chill mixture until cool.
- Stir yogurt into chilled berry mixture until well combined, then pour into popsicle mold.
- Gently place tops on mold and freeze overnight.
- To remove popsicles, run mold under hot water until they slide out easily.