During this week’s taping of Daytime, the cast and crew raved about my easy-to-make, low-fat muffins, so I thought I’d share the recipe. They make a delicious breakfast or snack. Let me know what you think!
MORNING SUNSHINE MUFFINS
Yield: 12 muffins
1 c raspberries or blueberries, washed and patted dry
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
1/2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
3 T light olive oil
1/4 cup orange zest
1/4 cup orange-mango juice
1 t vanilla
- Line muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a medium-size bowl, combine yogurt, brown sugar, oil, orange zest, juice, egg and vanilla.
- Stir-in flour mixture until well-combined.
- Add berries and stir until evenly mixed.
- Drop batter into muffin cups filling each about 3/4 full.
- Bake on center rack for 20 minutes until tops are a light golden brown.
Nutrient Analysis (per muffin):
Carbohydrates: 26 grams
Protein: 2.8 grams
Fat: 4.3 grams